Oh Happy Day!


Guess what? Most of my RL fuckery is over, so I am happy to say the latest chapter of Room 15 will be posted in the next 24-48 hours. Awesome huh?

So, I thought I would post a lovely teaser for all of you patient readers. There was a teaser two weeks over over on the Twi Girls Next Door Blog, since I am their author of the month, so if you want, head on over for some more insight by clicking here.

Onto the new teaser:

“She’s certainly a pistol,” my father remarked acerbically as I felt my stomach roll as I watched Bella walk out the door. I wanted to get up and bring her back to the table, all the while insisting to my father that she was important to me, that she was someone I saw in my future, and someone who actually supported my dreams, but I was silent. “I don’t mean that in a positive light, Edward.”

“You don’t have to like her, Dad. She’s not a part of your life; she’s a part of mine.”

“That’s ridiculous, Edward. She’s hardly a part of your life. How long have you even known the girl… a few weeks?” My father twirled his spoon in his coffee slowly, my fingers watching with too much focus as I fumbled with the words I wanted to say. They were on the tip of my tongue but nothing came out. “Come on, Son, you need to be reasonable and realistic. She’s a competitor for the internship and obviously a distraction. Girls like that always try and take away your focus from the task at hand and we’ve worked too hard for you to get where you are, for you to just throw it away.”

“We’ve worked for nothing, Dr. Cullen… I’ve done the work. The continuous string of reports, the medical journals I’ve read, I did the extra credit work and sucked up to your friends looking for great referrals in the future. You didn’t do anything.”

“Don’t act so ungrateful. You know for a fact that you wouldn’t be where you are right now if it wasn’t for me. Who do you think got the rules bent so you could get admitted to medical school here? Your grades in undergrad were mediocre at best. Don’t fool yourself, Edward. You have me to thank for where you are.”

1 comments:

ClancyJane said...

Ok this just cements my earlier thoughts..... your Carlisle is an 'A' grade Arse !!!
comeuppance i request *no demand ?* comeuppance : )

Post a Comment