I know it's been a while since I posted a teaser, so how about one from my newest story? Here ya Go! Enjoy!
“Afternoon boys,” she said sweetly as she welcomed us on the driveway of the house. “Don’t you two make an adorable couple? The butch and the femme, so cute.” Emmett snorted beside me, finding her incorrect assumption funny as hell, but I wasn’t laughing. Was there something about Emmett and that was giving off the gay vibe?
“Excuse me?” I questioned sternly as Emmett grabbed my arm and stopped me in my tracks.
“Oh come on honey, clearly darling Claire here thinks I’m the femme,” Emmett commented before he leaned in and whispered to me. “Pretend for a little bit, that way we can get information out of her.”
“Fuck… fine,” I stammered as I sucked in a deep breath and turned back towards a confused Claire. “So… the house? What can you tell us about it?”
Claire led us into the two thousand square foot home and we walked around slowly, with her showing us all the features and amenities. The house was fully furnished and was really stylish, probably something that appealed to Bella in keeping up her ruse for her parents. Clearly this house said that she was doing well in life, and probably reassured Charlie and Renee, so they didn’t have to worry about her. “So, what do you boys think about it?
“I think it’s beautiful,” Emmett gushed overdramatically. “The colors really pop and I love these window treatments. I think I saw something like this on a recent issue of Better Homes and Gardens. Is this toile?”
I know, I've been AWOL from my blog for a bit, but I am trying to juggle too many balls at once it seems. That can kinda sound dirty. Here's a little FYI about what is going down these days in the life of CPW:
1. A Beautiful Mess is in the process of winding down. There will be a teaser tomorrow over on the Fictionators blog. There are 2 chapters and an epilogue left. I'm all sorts of sad.
2. Room 15 is still a work in progress and I just sent the latest chapter to my beta tonight. Hoping to update by the weekend.
3. I stupidly started a new fic, Finding Bree Tanner, which is about Edward and Emmett on a trip in Southern California, looking for Edward's ex girlfriend, who now goes by the name Bree Tanner... and is a porn star. It's all comedy, I swear.
4. Also I'm nominated over on the Twinklings Blog for an author award, Maestro I think, for best use of music in fic. Feel free to vote for me or anyone else you love. There's like hundreds of nominees :)
5. Thanks to everyone for their sweet words and condolences. As some of you know, my mother unexpectedly passed away on December 16th, and that was why I had to take a break. Real life is still not normal, nor will it ever be again, but I thank you for your patience and friendship.
Okay, that's it for tonight. I promise a Room 15 teaser in a few days! :)
A bit about me... fan fic lover & writer. Likes weaving belly button lint, taking underwater basketweaving class at the Y and spelling things with a U like humour, flavour and favourite. I also enjoy penis euphemisms, eating pancakes and colouring outside of the lines.