Room 15 Chapter 22 Teaser


I'm trying not to be slack about updating the blog. I used to be really good, then real life came in and ruined it. Here's the teaser:

Ever since Esme had gone out and purchased a laptop with the assistance of Bella, I had been cursing myself for even mentioning it. Each day, several times a day, I would get phone calls from my mother wanting help with something computer related. If it wasn’t how to get onto her email it was something about how to use her web cam or how to find people on Facebook. It was bloody ridiculous.

“I’m trying to do this on my own. I want to surprise him.”

“I don’t even want to know what you have planned, but if you keep this shit up I’ll be late for work.”

“Oh, whatever. Ralph loves me. Just tell him it was my fault.”

“Oh believe me, I will. Now will you stop playing around on Skype please. You have Charlie’s number, call him and get his help.”

“He’s working the afternoon shift, so he won’t be around until after dinner. Please Edward?” I let out a huge, overdramatic sigh, and at that moment Bella walked into my bedroom with her book bag slung over her shoulder. She was finishing her exams today and looked absolutely beat.

In the past few days, she had been staying over so that we could manage a little time together. When I was at work, she studied and when she was at school, I caught up on my sleep or worked some more. It was hard, but rewarding. I had my girlfriend, a great job, I was playing music and loving it. However, at this exact moment, I really had to go. “What if I got Bella to help you?”

Bella began flailing her arms wildly, motioning that she didn’t want to do it and I felt a pang of remorse for suggesting it in the first place. “Hold on, mom.” I covered my hand over the receiver and looking at Bella with my best puppy dog eyes. “Can you please help her with this one little thing for the computer? Ralph begged me to come in early today and I’m already running late. I promise a back rub or something when I get home tonight.”

“Or something is right,” she said with a scowl as I stood from the bed and kissed her lightly on her lips. I tasted Jack Daniels.

“Celebrate after the exam?”

“I may have gone out with a few people from class. Now, give me the damn phone and go get your fine ass to work.” I kissed Bella again, this time with a little more energy and we both began giggling when we heard my mother yelling on the phone at us. Apparently, I may have groaned just a little too loudly when Bella’s liquor laced tongue slipped between my lips. Bella stepped back and grabbed the phone as she rolled her eyes. “Good afternoon, Esme. What disaster have we encountered today with the laptop?”

0 comments:

Post a Comment