Lack of Color Chapter 3 - Teaser


As children, Peter was literally the bane of my existence. Thankfully, we didn’t spend too much time together but when we did I was always eager to get it over with as soon as possible, and Emmett agreed with me.

For as long as I could remember, Peter was always the most competitive and conceited
person I had ever met. If we were playing a board game, he would always make up rules so that he would win or if we were watching TV, we would always have to watch what he wanted to watch. My mother was always telling us to behave because he was usually our guest and we had to bend to Peter’s way. It sucked, because Peter was always smug as fuck whenever Emmett and I had to give up whatever it was that we wanted. Even now, Peter looked over confident and I wanted to punch him, though I had never thrown a punch in my life.

“Why don’t you give me your details and I can email you our information and what we are looking for, our price range etc… and we can go from there?”

“Wonderful idea, Peter,” my mother gushed, as our appetizers and salads were served and I noticed Bella take a long sip from her wine. Her silence was seriously disconcerting to me. “So, Bella… what is it that you do?”

“Bella used to be a legal assistant at my firm,” Peter chimed in as my mother’s eyes flitted between Bella and Peter, her concern mirroring my own. A legal assistant? What the fuck happened to her poetry?

* There ya go, a little teaser from the next chapter I hope to post this weekend. For those wondering, Sea Change, a story I had teased earlier on the blog, is in fact this story with a new name. I was undecided. The banner was made by the lovely & talented Heather Dawn. She rocks!*

0 comments:

Post a Comment