Sundrenched World Chapter 10 - Teaser


“I need to finish rehearsal, so if you boys don’t mind waiting for like 15 minutes, we can then go grab a bite to eat and talk. Is that alright?” Bella asked as she guided us into the main part of the club, which looked vastly different in the light of day than it had the night before.

“Yeah, that’s fine. But do you think I could get a proper greeting?” Jasper said with a sly smile as he opened his arms out wide and Bella was quick to hug him back. “I’ve missed you Bella. I had to admit I was shocked when Edward told me he had literally stumbled upon you last night, but I’m thrilled to see you.” Jasper squeezed her tight before putting her back on her feet and giving her a sweet wink. I was envious, because he could simply slide back into the friendship that they used to have and I was an outsider to her. I had broken her heart and her spirit and she wasn’t easily going to forget that, no matter what I did.

“I’m sorry about…” Bella began to say as Jasper held up his hand to silence her.

“Go finish your rehearsal. We’ll sit back here waiting,” Jasper said as he led me to a table in the back that had just been cleared. Bella shrugged her shoulders and climbed back on stage to take her guitar in hand and played a few songs, stopping every now and again to discuss technical issues with Jared and some other guy. We were both quiet, my eyes trained on each move that Bella made, as Jasper started to tap his fingers anxiously against the table top.

“What?” I asked as I turned to him and noticed he had a big smirk on his face.

“You still love her.”

“You sound surprised?” I asked with a groan. I would have figured after everything we had been through that he would have known this.

“I just thought that maybe after four years you would have moved on, at least emotionally.”

“Are you still emotionally connected to Alice?”

1 comments:

gossip_bangkok said...

WOW.. That was a tad harsh Edward..
I can't wait for the chapter! :)
Thanks

Post a Comment