Room 15 Chapter 24 Teaser


“Edward, I’d say you are looking well, but you look rather tired,” exclaimed my father as he sat down in my favorite booth and motioned to the waiter to come over. I was already nursing a drink, anxiously awaiting his arrival. His demeanor was clearly not casual, so I immediately got my back up in defense.

“I’d thank you, but there’s no reason,” I replied snidely, knowing full well just how much it would aggravate my father. “So... what brings you by? I can tell by the look of disgust on your face it wasn’t to listen to me play.”

“Don’t get mad at me. Is playing in a dive bar not living up to your expectations? You know, I was never a fan of jazz myself, I always preferred classical.”

“And that matters now because?”

“It just disappoints me that this is the direction you have chosen to take your life in, Edward. You were always much more like your mother than you were me, though I tried to dissuade that as often as I could.”

“Perhaps if you were around more often growing up, I would have been more like you,” I stated firmly, forcing back the shudder of revolt that coursed through me at that thought.

0 comments:

Post a Comment