Lack of Color Chapter 15 Teaser

I know, I've been slack at updating, but RL is busy, so sue me :) Enjoy the teaser instead. The next two chapters are with the beta and I'm working on 17 as we speak.

“What in the fuck has he done to you?” I shouted, as my blood pressure rose and I was practically shaking with fury. I wanted to hunt my cousin down and beat the shit out of him, but I had something more important to deal with. I bent down, crouching close to Bella’s side and tried to console her as best as I could, but she was crying uncontrollably.


“It’s… there’s…” she mumbled incoherently as the elevator reached the top level and I hoisted her up into my arms, bracing her tightly to me, as we stepped off into the loft.


Not a lot had changed since the last time I had been there. The same furniture remained, but Emmett had covered everything with drop cloths. All of my art supplies, easels and canvases had either been ruined or put away, so the place looked pathetic; desolate and empty. It was hard to recall the life and love that had encompassed the apartment a few years earlier, but it was like a distant ghost in the room. Each corner held a memory of our time together.


“I’m going to put you down for a second. I need to strip the dust covers off the furniture,” I explained as I set Bella down and like I expected, she crumbled beneath her weight. I still had my arm under her, so she didn’t fall down too hard against the floor.


Once Bella was somewhat settled on the floor, her sobs subsided slightly, I quickly made my way around the room and stripped the covers off the furniture. They looked in decent shape, time clearly hadn’t affected them at all, but it was almost too much for me to deal with. It had been so long since I had been in the loft and around my former home that I wasn’t sure I would be able to handle it all.



0 comments:

Post a Comment