The Resolution Chapter 22 - Teaser




Ok, so I've had a bit of writer's block with TR, which you would know if you read the latest chapter of A Beautiful Mess, where I wrote it in the A/N. Not to look for pity, but between RL, work and everything else, the fact that I haven't been able to focus on TR is driving me nuts. So instead of stressing, I worked on some one-shots and other stories in the meantime.
However, since the holidays are fast approaching, I decided not to be a grinch and to post a teaser of the upcoming chapter. I promise to get it to you as soon as possible. But think positive, even when I'm blocked my updates only take a few weeks at best! Happy Holidays!




~*~*~*~


I started driving, with no particular destination in mind, the snow laden trees passing by me as I drove out of town and towards one of the places that reminded me the most of Bella. I hadn’t meant to come here, but it was like the car was taking me without my permission. The parking lot was slightly slick, but I didn’t care. I parked towards the back of the lot, the trunk of my car backing onto the tree line behind it and then I got out and for some reason, decided to sit on the hood of the car, as snow started to fall around me. I then let out a deep breath as I stared at Lake Olympia where I had watched Bella all summer.

I pulled my legs up to my chest in an effort to keep warm and my mind began running through everything that had happened this afternoon. Bella was sick, and it wasn’t any of this cough due to cold shit either. She was very sick, which first made me wonder why the hell she was still in school. Shouldn’t she be in the hospital getting better? Shit... did she even want to get better?

I scratched anxiously at my scalp, my wet hair threading effortlessly through my fingers as I grabbed at the back of my neck, which was one of my nervous habits. I couldn’t shake the image of Bella lying on the couch, looking so fragile and heartbroken. She thought I was leaving her and it was the moment her father told me she was sick that I knew I wasn’t going anywhere.

“I can’t tell you. You’ll leave me Edward. They always fucking leave me. Just like Renee left me.”

7 comments:

Mrs.Robinsome said...

Aww! "and it was the moment her father told me she was sick that I knew I wasn’t going anywhere."

You can't feel bad for holding off on this story. The other work you have been doing has been superb!!

Have a Wonderful Holiday! When you are ready for TR I have complete confidence you will continue to Rock Our Socks Off!!! :)

Brandi said...

It's perfect...I can't wait to read more.

<3

WetDishRag said...

I cant wait to read more when your ready to post! I absolutely love the story, that little teaser just made my little black heart melt :)

Bouncy72 said...

Exactly what HMW1972 said :)
Don't stress to rush it, when it comes, it comes *shrug*
I love anything you give us *grin*

Val said...

What whatdishrag said....made my heart melt.
Thanks for the teaser. You're the best! Post when you can. No rush, No worries we will be here, we're not going anywhere!

gossip_bangkok said...

Yeah.. don't rush it bb! :)
HF HF HF *sob*
Looking forward to more!
Thanks

gossip_bangkok said...

PS I forgot to say that... damn.. I love that photo of Rob from the VF shoot

Post a Comment