American Boy Chapter 38 - Teaser



We had barely left the city and were travelling northeast on 15 when Charlie began fidgeting nervously in the seat beside me. “Is my driving making you anxious Charlie?” I questioned as she shook his head in the negative.

“Nope, I’m good.”

“Are you sure?” I asked again, sensing that something was up with him and he was just not being forthright with me.

“Yeah… but I was kinda wondering something,” he said calmly as I looked at him quickly before turning my eyes back to the road. God forbid I was caught not paying attention by my police chief father in law. “Are you and Bella going to have more kids?”

“Dad,” Bella shouted loudly from the back seat, scaring Hayden so much he started to cry. Bella was quick to soothe him and he fell back into a peaceful sleep as I shook my head slowly, unsure of how to answer him.

“Eventually Charlie. We are in no hurry you know, since we just got the house are getting established in our careers and what not,” I stated emphatically as I heard him concur from beside me.

“We just think you shouldn’t wait too long,” he replied as I heard Bella gasp from the backseat.

“Are you seriously sitting there encouraging me to have sex with my husband, so that you can have more grandchildren?” she asked as I heard him groan a little and then open the window a bit, as though it was suddenly stuffy in the car. “Well, you mentioned it Dad.”

1 comments:

gossip_bangkok said...

Hahaha.. Go Bella.. yeah!! Go Charlie..
I can't wait for the chapter lol! ;)
looking forward to more

Post a Comment