Maybe I'm Falling For You Chapter 23 - Teaser

Bella was just walking back from the bathroom when I cornered her, hoping to talk a little more privately about our situation, but Alice had different ideas. “Bella… how the hell did you get dog hair on your jeans?” she slurred drunkenly as both Bella and my eyes grew wide. Bella hadn’t mentioned she walked the dogs, but I knew she did because I saw her and I knew damn well that Penny walked them. Bella looked up at me and I decided it was best to play dumb.

“You don’t have a dog, do you?”

“Uh… not really. I um… I dog walk every now and then for some extra cash and fresh air. I do it around Washington Square Park, since most of my customers live in the area. Its fun I guess, and helped me to buy art supplies when I was a bit more of a starving artist,” she replied awkwardly as her hands moved swiftly over the denim of her jeans and she tried to remove all traces of the dogs.

“Pugs shed?” I questioned dumbly as I rolled my eyes at my slip up. I wasn’t supposed to know what kind of dogs Bella walked, because she just fucking told me thirty seconds ago.

“How did you know I walked a pug?”

“Umm… I’ve seen like fifty different pugs in our neighborhood. I was going with a process of elimination,” I said off the top of my head as Bella nodded slowly and I breathed a sigh of relief. This was not going at all like I planned.

**Sorry to say that this update will probably be delayed by a few days due to Flightlessbird11's mid terms. It's in progress people, I promise.

4 comments:

gossip_bangkok said...

Thanks ladies!! :)
I can't wait!!
BTW, Love the picture!! NOw, I want a pink mac!! Why do i have a silver one?? *sigh*
Hope your midterm went well FLB11!! :)

MH said...

Thanks for the teaser!!!

Bouncy72 said...

Lol, it looks good ladies. Gosh Edwards a dork to mention pugs 30 seconds after Bella said she walked dogs. Love the picture for this post ♥

itsange said...

Cannot wait as always!

Post a Comment