Sundrenched World Chapter 6 - Teaser


**I know... it's been a while since I updated this story, but once The Resolution is done, I will focus on finishing this one next. The latest chapter is with the beta, expect it up sometime this week**

I knew I wasn’t in the right frame of mind to go over to his apartment, but I needed to get away from Alice. So, I did what I used to do before Edward came into my life… I went to campus and locked myself away in the rehearsal room that used to be my world.

I sat in my favorite chair, playing some of my old favorites on my guitar and then I pulled out my notebook from my backpack, feeling the urge to write about how I was feeling. I was shocked at how quickly a new song came forth, the lyrics filling up my book with little notes and ideas written alongside the margins. When I glanced down at my cell phone, which hadn’t rang since I left the apartment three hours earlier, I noticed it was already five in the evening.

My stomach grumbled loudly and I was about to pack all my stuff up and head home to a new big bowl of tomato soup with a side of grilled cheese, my ultimate comfort food, when I heard the door to the room open up and there stood Professor Davis.

“Well, I wasn’t expecting to find anyone in here today,” he said simply as I stood up and began packing my things away, feeling a little uncomfortable in his presence. After our last run in, and Edward’s continued insistence that Davis was after something more than seeing me succeed in school, I couldn’t help the nagging feeling that he was right. “How have you been Bella? You’ve been a little quiet in my class as of late.”

“I’ve been fine Professor. A little overwhelmed with school, rehearsals for the guitar ensemble and my work, but I think I’ve been managing it all alright.”

“I doubt your boyfriend is making life any easier,” he said with a small grin as I leaned my head down and shoved my notebook into my bag. “He seems a bit overprotective.” When I looked up, Davis was a lot closer to me than previously and had a small grin on his face.

2 comments:

lily said...

RUN Bella RUN I hope that she'll be okay

Bouncy72 said...

Mhmm. I didn't trust him, but if he's in yr teaser maybe it's a red herring. Mmm maybe I'm over thinking this. Argg you have my head spinning now :P

Post a Comment