The Resolution Chapter 38 - Teaser

“Listen okay… there’s nothing wrong between Bella and I. Except for the fact that we are a few thousand miles apart, we are doing pretty good.”

“Then what’s wrong?”

“Bella is just having issues in trusting me and I’m doing everything I can to make everything alright between us. I don’t blame her for worrying because my past is sketchy at best, but she is just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Those were her words, not mine.”

“Oh Edward, don’t you realize that by proposing, you will alleviate all those fears she has about your commitment to her?” she said as I ran my fingers through my hair and then let out a silent scream. I knew she wouldn’t listen to me about this and I regretted telling her. “I understand this is your life and all that, but I’m just looking out for both of you.”

“Thanks mom, but really… it’s not the time right now.”

Our call ended shortly after that and I was actually shocked she never mentioned it in any further calls we had. Of course, all my hopes of her forgetting were dashed the moment she showed up at my house the day before graduation with my Dad and Bella. They had all travelled together from Seattle and though my parents were staying at a hotel near campus, Bella was staying with me. Shortly after we said our hellos, Esme cornered me in the kitchen.

“I brought the ring for you to look at. Just consider it,” she shoved the ring box in my hand and then walked away like nothing ever happened.


**hoping to post the next chapter this week, with the epilogue to follow a week or two later.**

5 comments:

lily said...

Your right, I do want to wait for the chapter and the epi... I almost cried reading this teaser I can't imagine what will happen when I get the update LOL. And I think I'll grieve when it's all over but before that I'll read the whole story again at least three times I would say.

Lucy said...

Bella is a TWAT-WAFFLE. "Waiting for the other shoe to drop." Love you most Edward!

gossip_bangkok said...

First of, I've never seen that picture of Rob.. I love VF! :P
Secondly, I fucking love your Esme!! She hovers! :P
I think Edward should consider it too.. He's not scared of settling is he? JK! :P
I can't wait for the chapter! :)
I love it CPW!
I'm going to cry when you post the epi.. I love this nearly as much as the chocolate I brought from Europe.. You know I'm kidding right? I'm on a high.. and yeah.. Love ya! XX

Bouncy72 said...

What the... um there's an epilogue? when did this happen? Thought it going to carry on forever! Lol.

....
....
....

Actually considering how angsty this story was maybe it's good it doesn't go on forever, cos then Bella will have a relapse or something, or Esme would die...
Hmm, I'm in a STRANGE mood!

Chillzhowdy said...

Yeah I am so with Bouncy! This story should carry on for ever! LOL Ok CPW I can see you scowl! ;0) Ok I am just saying I would love this story to carry on! and OMG 6 more years to wait and have kids? Oh well at least he should be finished Med School then! :0) Looking forward to reading the Epilogue :0)

Post a Comment