Sundrenched World Chapter 9 - Teaser

Let's give you a two-fer today. How about a teaser and a song? Enjoy!

“Sorry about that folks,” she said softly, clearly agitated at the entire situation. Her eyes remained trained on mine though as she repositioned the guitar on her lap and strummed a few simple chords. “Why don’t we just pretend it never happened?” The audience seemed fine with the situation, after all the song was almost over, but I knew she was speaking to me and not them with her final words.

The interruption lasted less than sixty seconds, but my heart fell in my chest and I was tempted to run from the club and never look back. However, I felt Emmett’s hand on my shoulder, squeezing tightly and I gained some sort of odd strength from it. He truly was an excellent friend in retrospect.

“That’s her isn’t it?” Emmett questioned as Bella segued into some song I didn’t know, most likely something she had written. It was melancholy and dark, very unlike the Bella I knew from years gone by who sang of love, hope and promise. This was all about heartache, loneliness and depression. Listening to her literally felt like my heart was coming out of my chest, and her hands were clutching it while it slowly stopped beating. I couldn’t speak, so I simply nodded my head at Emmett and he squeezed me a bit harder. “I kinda figured based on the way your face looked so hopeful at first and then fell to the floor.”

“She hates me.”


4 comments:

gossip_bangkok said...

Thanks for that! ;)
I can't wait for the chapter..
I hope Bella doesn't hate Edward?? LMAO! <3

lily said...

i hope that we get an actual reunion out of these two next chapter can't wait!!!

Bouncy72 said...

Shit...CPW, I have issues...I nearly cried from THAT...from a fricking teaser. That's just wrong..*shakes head* is FLB11 reading this?

coldplaywhore said...

You know what, I think shs is reading it. Then again, she knows how the story unfolds :)

Post a Comment