Room 15 Chapter 11 Teaser


Just so you know, Chapter 11 is still with the beta and won't be posted tomorrow. Hopefully sometime this weekend though. RL is kicking my ass lately, so I may have to throw out the friday update schedule until things ease up. Have a wee bit of patience with me!

“Bella, all I want is a chance to talk to you. I think you care and you are scared shitless to admit it. Am I right?” I leaned back until my body was flush against the wall right behind me. Edward’s hands pressed on either side of my head, keeping me in place, as he stared me down, trying to break my resolve. I was ashamed to admit it was working.

“I don’t know what you want from me,” I said, my voice not hiding the fact that I was scared about how I was feeling about him.

“All I want is a chance.”

“You scare me.” My heart was aching in my chest, as I felt so open talking to him about this. “I don’t want to be hurt and with you, I can’t see this… us… ending well.” I motioned between us with my hands, hitting his chest in the process, but Edward didn’t back down. In fact, I felt him close the space between us and lean in closer to me. “Your persistence scares the shit out of me, Edward.”

“But that’s not the real me who you are scared off. Just one date… one dinner where we talk and I tell you about my life, my family, my misgivings and fears. If you still can’t stand me, I won’t bother you again.”

I had to admit, the offer was tempting, but the thought of never seeing him again wasn’t something I wanted to consider. Hell, on Thursday when we were finishing up our research project, if I hadn’t had plans to spend time with Alice, I would have definitely stayed in Room 15 with him. I would have used any excuse I could have to spend more time with him, but I didn’t. I probably could have blown Alice off, and if she had known I was with Edward, she would have been fine with it, but I wasn’t fine.

This shouldn’t have been happening. I should have been fighting against it with every fiber of my being, but I couldn’t anymore.

I didn’t want to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment