Room 15 Chapter 9 - Teaser


“So, it sounds like the project is alright, but the partner sucks?” Emmett asked with a laugh as I gave him a small smile.

“It could be worse. I could have been paired with Eric Yorkie or Mike Newton, both of whom would have flirted with me and annoyed the hell out of me like you wouldn’t believe.”

“Do I have competition?” Emmett asked as I snorted incredulously. Did he have competition? Well, not from Yorkie or Newton, but what about from Edward? I shook the thought out of my head and stared right at Emmett. Considering I wasn’t even really interested in Emmett romantically, the answer should have been yes; everyone else was competition. However, I wasn’t in the mood to break Emmett’s heart, so I said the complete opposite of what I should have said.

“Nope. Eric and Mike are harmless. Eric used to not be able to take no for an answer, but recently he’s let up a bit in his attempts to get me to go out on a date.”

“What about Edward?”

“What about him?”

“Has he asked you out?”

“Yeah, once. I turned him down obviously. He’s just… like I said, he aggravates me and I don’t want to spend any more time with him than is absolutely necessary.” I was hoping my words placated Emmett, but he didn’t seem back down at all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment