Room 15 Chapter 8 - Teaser


“Okay, so we had the history and the summary done before we met last,” I said with a dramatic pause. After all, the last time we had gotten together, we hadn’t done any work and I kind of wanted to remind her of what had happened in that room the previous week. “On the weekend, since someone wouldn’t return my calls, I also worked on the introduction, which I think is pretty much done.”

Bella stopped and looked at me with a tiny smile gracing her face. “That’s really great, Edward. I’m surprised you got so much done. I worked on the prognosis on the weekend.”

“Well, I was home all weekend, so I had time to kill. Can I read what you’ve written?”

“How about I email it to you and you follow up with your introduction and we can each review what we wrote.”

“Good idea, I suppose.” I didn’t want to leave it so that we never worked together again, which was exactly like it seemed like she wanted. It was pointless to do our work separately and then mesh it all together and hope it works. “I still think we should get together on Thursday to go through it all. We’re almost done, once we have treatments and whatnot finished. So, how about we review and then meet Thursday again?”

“Umm… Thursday should work, but I need you to remember that we are working solely on this project and not anything else.”

“What else would I want to work on?” Other than you not hating me like crazy of course, and wanting to date me.

“You know very well what you would want to discuss, or not discuss. I already told you last week that there will never be a repeat of what happened in that room. It’s for studying only, not…”

“Not intense fucking against a wall or desk?” Bella blushed seven shades of red before pushing my laptop away and narrowing her eyes at me.

“Yeah… that. No more of that.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment