The Resolution Chapter 32 - Teaser


I was talking casually to Leah about Rosalie and Emmett’s upcoming visit, when I felt a small tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Edward standing in front of me. “Congratulations Bella,” he said sweetly as he handed me a small bouquet of gerbera daisies, not unlike the ones he gave me on our first date. In fact, if I had to guess, I would say they were the exact same colors as those flowers.

“Oh… thanks,” I mumbled as Leah poked me in the side and I regained my train of thought. “Edward, this is Leah Clearwater. She’s the daughter of my dad’s girlfriend, Sue,” I said genuinely as I introduced them and Leah looked at him skeptically, as could be expected. She shook his hand firmly and Edward glanced down at me with an odd sort of smile. “Leah, this is Edward.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“I would respond in kind, but I’m a little confused as to what you are doing here,” Leah stated, practically reading my own mind. I couldn’t even recall telling Edward when the hell my graduation was, so seeing him here was a huge surprise.

“This was a big day in Bella’s life and I wanted to be here to support her.”

“You weren’t invited.”

“I didn’t take a seat.”

Leah looked at him curiously and I could tell she was warming up to him a bit because every time she dished a sarcastic comment or rude glance at to him, he gave it right back at her. Then again, she had several years’ worth of me bitching about the situation and I hadn’t had much of a chance to let her know that we had both exchanged apologies. Knowing Leah though, she would complain that an apology wasn’t enough, even if she did like the guy. “Doesn’t mean you were wanted here.”

7 comments:

Shannon Palmer-Realtor said...

ooo I like Testy Leah, hah

MH said...

“Doesn’t mean you were wanted here.” uhh hard but true I like that Leah!

gossip_bangkok said...

Ohhh.. Is E going to kick Leah in the butt?? LMAO! :P
I love it!! Can't wait for the chapter sweetie!! <3

Chillzhowdy said...

Hey hun I finally learnt how to do an account here LOL! anywayz nice little teaser! nasty Leah! Now I am really feeling for Edward! :-)

Unknown said...

*claps hands excitedly* bring it on!

itsange said...

Cant wait!

Tracy Heming-Littwin said...

I love this... her knowing what flowers he brought her on their first date years ago and the color of them shows that she does still have feelings for him.. Leah is doing a great job testing him which I think will be a good thing for their relationship :) Can't wait to see the whole chapter.

Post a Comment