Maybe I'm Falling For You Chapter 16 - Teaser


“You know, Bells, just because your mom and I didn’t work out, doesn’t mean we didn’t love each other. Some people just grow apart.” I looked up at him and nodded in response. “I know you hate that we stayed together for so long when we shouldn’t have, but we did it for you. The love that parents have for their kid, it makes them forget about themselves, and sometimes it blows up in our faces,” he laughed and I joined him, trying to process this new information.

All these years I’d thought that my parents were being selfish in staying together, trying to prove something to each other by staying married. It wasn’t until then, sitting in a hospital room with my father, that I truly began to understand why they did it. They were both unhappy, that part was obvious, but their love for me overshadowed their love for each other, and how it had faded away.

“Wow, I never really saw it that way,” I said finally, the reality of their relationship hitting me like a ton of bricks. The loved me enough to try and make me happy, even though they were happy. They sacrificed so much for me, and I would never be able to thank them enough for it.

“I’ll never regret being married to your mother, Bella. She brought me you and you’re the best thing that ever happened to me.” I flew out of my chair for the second time that day and hugged Charlie tightly. “Love you, kiddo.”

“Love you, too, Dad.”


**For the record, this chapter is 6k and still going, so expect an epic update in the next few days. Thanks for reading! We love you!

Oh and if you haven't donated to MsKathy's Haiti Relief Charity, then get on it. Flightlessbird11 and I are going to provide a little one shot of how PBW & PennyLane84 met. WOO HOO!

2 comments:

Bouncy72 said...

Woo Hoo, a long one. Lol, the more the better. Hope Charlie's going to be ok. And I REALLY hope Bella rings PBW & lets him know why she stood him up...
Thanks girls :)

gossip_bangkok said...

why is Bouncy72 beating me every single times now?? *sob* LMAO! :P
Awesome teaser once again ladies!! :)
Can't wait for it!!
Thanks! <3

Post a Comment