The Resolution Chapter 28 - Teaser


“Did you think I was going to go out of my way to find and confront the guy who broke my heart as I laid in a hospital bed fighting for my life?” I asked in frustration, both at Jacob and Edward, who I still hadn’t managed to forgive.

“Well, no….”

“Then stop worrying. Are you still going hunting tomorrow, or later today I guess, with your dad and Quil?” I questioned as Jacob’s hands moved up and down against my arms tenderly. I felt so bad because I knew in my soul I was misleading this man into thinking I had more feelings for him than I really did, but my mind kept rationalizing that in time I could fall in love with him. My heart didn’t think the same way though.

“Yeah. How about we meet for breakfast at the diner around nine?” I nodded my head in reply as I heard Scrappy begin scratching at the front door, sensing that Jacob and I were there. I opened the door so that he didn’t start barking and wake up my father and he lapped happily at my hand before giving Jake a small growl. Even after having the dog for almost four years, Scrappy still was not Jacob’s biggest fan. I was never sure if this dog was smart or just stubborn.

Jacob gave me a small kiss on the cheek and I guided Scrappy back into the house. He followed me up the stairs and got comfortable on the bed we had for him on the floor at the foot of my bed. Within minutes of crawling into bed, I had fallen asleep, but it was a tumultuous and short lived period as all my dreams were filled with happy memories of times I shared with Edward, not Jacob.

6 comments:

git git said...

i still wanna strangle jacob
lol
heheheh
that was an awesome last chapter i totes look forward to whats gona happen in the rest of the chapter :D

gossip_bangkok said...

hahaha too bad Jacob.. you never had her heart.. :P
Thanks CPW!! An awesome teaser as always! <3
Hope RL is slowing down *hugs*

Bouncy72 said...

Lol, does ANYONE have any feelings for Jacob in this story? I don't but I just wondered. I think he's a total ass!
I wonder if she's talking to them both here or just Jacob...I know it says she asked "in frustration, both at Jacob and Edward" So was she asking them both or was the frustration for them both? I guess we'll see ;)

BeCullen said...

lmao I kindof want to strangle them all. hehe I can't wait to read what happens next.

Unknown said...

I'm so curious to see what happened to bring that conversation on. Scrappy is a smart dog! he deserves a scooby snack!

Mitchi said...

I hate Jacob. He's evil...

Post a Comment