Sundrenched World - New Story Teaser

Yes, you read that right... I have a new story in the works. In fact, the first chapter is with my awesome beta, MaggieMay14, right now and the second chapter is already underway.

Something you should be aware of regarding this story, is that it will be short. 12 chapters and a potential epilogue. I have the entire thing outlined but the epi, because I am on the fence about it. The first six stories are told in Bella's POV and the last six are told in Edward's POV. It's based on two specific Joshua Radin songs, the first of which (or Bella's POV) is based on the song Sundrenched World, which is obviously where the title comes from too!

Sundrenched World Video from YouTube.com (best quality I could find online)

Enough chatter... onto the sneak preview of the new story:

I wandered down the hallway, carrying all my belongings and looking a bit like a hobo as I struggled to carry everything. Thank god, I didn’t cross another soul before I walked into my favorite rehearsal room. There was one picture window on the left hand side of the room and when I looked out, seeing the view of the parking lot, there were tons of cars stuck in the snow. I had to walk home in this shit, and there was no way that was going to happen, so I tossed my coat into the corner and grabbed my composition book out of my backpack and grabbed my guitar case. I got comfortable in my favorite chair on the far side of the room, and kept an eye on the weather as I worked on my next song. However, inspiration failed me… until I heard his voice.

“Holy hell, there is life in this building after all,” laughed the smooth voice of a rather gruff looking boy who took my breath away. From a distance I could clearly see that he had a disastrous mess of reddish brown hair, dark looking eyes and five o’clock shadow that I wished I could rub my hand over and feel as the roughness brushed against my soft skin. “Why aren’t you getting a ride on the Zamboni parked outside?”

“What the hell is a Zamboni?” I questioned as he leaned against the door jamb and ran his fingers through his hair, making the mess even worse and ten times more appealing. He was wearing a pair of very worn in dark wash jeans and a dark blue hoodie, his coat draped over his shoulder casually.

“It’s one of those big ass machines that clean the ice during a hockey game,” he explained as I looked him, my face no doubt filled with pure confusion. However he just looked handsome, rugged and a bit amused. “Ah never mind. You should really be getting out you know.”

“I could say the same to you,” I replied casually as he strolled into the room, the door closing with a loud click behind him as he sat across from me on the floor and pulled a joint from his pocket. “Are you insane by the way… smoking up on campus?”

“Sorry to burst you bubble Pippi Longstocking, but you and I are the only two people in this building,” he said as he lit it with ease and look a long drag, looking around the room to appraise his surroundings. “Where the hell am I anyways?”

5 comments:

MafiaBitches said...

we cannot wait for this to be posted on ff.net it looks like it's going to be fantastic like all of your other work that we love :) great job!

Bouncy72 said...

MWHAHAHA - I beat gossip_bangkok posting a comment...lol, that's not often!
Another story CPW...wow, don't know how you do it. I just went over & listened to the song...it's so sad :( I kinda got goose bumps listening to it.
I'm already dying to read it, hehe, how does he not know where he is? Why is she still there? Haha to find out these & other answers tune in to CPW's Sundrenched World...(*chuckle* can you tell I'm in a WEIRD mood) - Looking forward to the story hon!!

Mrs.Robinsome said...

OOOOO! Sounds very yummy! Music, hehe. Love when theres singing.. A little illegal usage, hehe. Always makes for deep thought times.. Can't wait to go down this road with you!! Bound to be another one of your treasures :)

**Waits patiently**

gossip_bangkok said...

love it CPW!! :)
It's going to be another fantastic fic! :)
*wink*
Looking forward to reading it on ffn.
I love the song btw, never heard of it before. Soo beautiful, and sad.
To Bouncy: Yeah yeah, drink it up girlie, next time, the win is mine!! MWHAAAAAA MWHAAAA MWHAAAA

git git said...

Ohhh man so i didnt know what i should use to make a comment with so i decided to stick with my google one, wow dude that is amazing, i loved the pic thats the first thing i saw, lol
and i totes love the story line :D

Post a Comment