American Boy Chapter 33 -Teaser


“Hey, you look familiar,” said Bella groggily as I grabbed the small chair situated beside her and sat down, as instructed by Tracy. I took her cool hand in mine and began tracing small circles on the back of her hand, trying to soothe her. “Where were you?”


“I was drinking,” I admitted, my voice full of remorse. “I’m sorry I left. I shouldn’t have stepped away from your side all night,” I said as I bent my head forward, trying to hide the tears from her. The moment I saw her lying helpless on the bed, all the sheets and doctors around her, I knew I wouldn’t be able to reign in my emotions. I was a complete idiot for leaving her at the reception, but I was even stupider for accusing her of not trusting me. She had seen the photo and it was more than incriminating. However, I couldn’t sit here and stew about how stupid my brother had been. I needed to be there for her.


“I’m not upset with you anymore Edward,” said Bella as her eyes fluttered closed and I looked to Tracy, who assured me that things were alright. It was clear that she could see the panic written all over my face. Tracy then began to explain to us what was about to happen and I tried not to watch what was happening a few feet from me, but could hear the doctors talking amongst themselves, every word going over my head.


“I love you,” I said as I leaned forward and kissed her temple softly, her perfect Bella smell assaulting my senses. “Can you believe we’re going to have a Christmas Day baby?”
**I am aiming to post the next chapter some time this weekend**

2 comments:

gossip_bangkok said...

It's going to be ok.. right?? :O
I wonder what's Peanut's name is lol!
I can't wait for the chappy! :)
Thanks! *squeel*

Shannon Palmer-Realtor said...

yay!!!

Post a Comment