American Boy Chapter 28 Teaser



"I think I’ve found a way to make both of our dreams come true, but it means coming face to face with a nightmare first.”

“What did you have in mind?” I asked curiously. As though called on by a higher power, someone knocked on our door and I stared at Edward anxiously as he went to open it. Rosalie stood on the other side, looking nothing like the woman we once knew. Her hair pulled back in a loose ponytail, she had huge bags under her eyes and literally looked broken.

She didn’t say anything when she first came into the room, at Edward’s insistence. She didn’t look around for Emmett, most likely unaware that he was even staying here on our little couch. Instead, I couldn’t help but notice that her eyes focused on my ever expanding stomach. “You look good.”

“Thanks. I wish I could say the same to you,” I joked lightly as she gave me a small but tentative smile. “Have you heard of sleep? I hear it’s all the rage with the kids these days.”

1 comments:

Gretchen said...

I can't wait for them to have the baby!

Post a Comment